Thursday 3 August 2017

A rescue job

My Santa ornaments are all done.
As I said in my last post, I stitched these many years ago, but made some amateur mistakes.
A few years ago I undid the poor job I had made of turning them into ornaments and it has taken until now to re finish them 
 I have to say, that although they are still not perfect...
 I am much happier with this new outcome.
 I know I mentioned my plan to add a ruffled ribbon around the edges, but when I saw the plaited green, red and gold trim...
 It just had to be!
Then I added the wee tartan ribbon as a final flourish.
I've fallen in love with them all over again.
I'm itching to finish my bigger froggie project now, so that I can make more ornaments.
They are progressing very well and I'm almost done with page one. 
*
And I have found out through a Facebook group that there is a tree skirt pattern with the same Santa's on it. I also have patterns for a red and a blue version that finish at about 10 x 12 inches. 



6 comments:

AnnieO said...

Looking very festive and charming, Lou! Great save for all that work!

Laura said...

These ornaments are fabulous. I need to put them and the tree skirt on my wish list.

Jenny said...

They are so lovely. And it doesn't matter that they have been waiting a while , you will be so much happier now that they are perfect!

Gari in AL said...

These are beautiful. You must be looking forward to Christmas when you can hang them.

Anonymous said...

Hi Loulee,wow these ornaments are gorgeous,you are very clever my friend,well done xx

Janice said...

Your place will look lovely at Christmas with all your cross stitches.