Tuesday 29 March 2011

More requests.

It's been a busy weekend. Aside from working both days I had two nights out! A quiet evening on Friday with a British Legion meeting, followed by a couple of drinks with some other members. Saturday was somewhat rowdier, a girls night out, we ate at the local Indian restaurant, and carried on the party in more than one pub in town. It was a great night out. :-) * Remember the Kindle covers in the last post? Tony's colleague was very impressed. Then when he saw the i-pad cover he requested one of those too, and a cover for his i-phone. I do have some of the brown fabric left, but I decided on a change. I dug about until I found some old shirts I had cut up. I found two similar shirts, both purple with stripes. Once again, just a little quilting on the inner fabric, bag out and fold. Rather than try to include my 'made by Loulee' label in a seam I stitched it into the flap. I also found some press studs and stitched them on. That phone is mine, it's somewhat smaller than an i-phone, but it's just the right colour. :-) My Hunney took these items into work today. * I had a dig through my scraps box as promised and I've started cutting pieces for a Dresden quilt. Time for me to make another commitment. No more starts until the Dresden is finished, and I finish another work in progress. * So what about downstairs? I've done a little stitching on 'Floral Trio'. Not a huge amount though. The hydrangea is about two thirds done now. What you see here is just about the extent of the flower, then there is the stem and another bigger leaf to stitch. If I get on with it I could have it finished in no time. * My back is very sore today. It's been a while I have to say, but it's my own fault. Rather than sit in my granny chair I curled up on the sofa with my Tony last night. I have a late shift today, so plenty of time to play, but I'm not sure what I'll get up to, it depends where my back is comfortable. ***GRRRR< Blogger is messing with my formatting!*****

1 comment:

BubzRugz said...

I love that you have refashioned shirts to make these covers...
Your signature stitching is so cute...
Hugz